Sometimes pretentious yet mostly brilliant. Mostly.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Stuff and Nonsense

I guess I'm just burning time in between posts here. I still have no reviews, but this Wednesday my comic reviews will come at you like a shark with knees. Seriously, I estimate around 25 issues. Yikes.

In the meantime, I still can't get to my studio until tomorrow at the earliest, so no fresh music or comics from me either. Though I may toss up another crummy recording from my phone to Tumblr. Who knows. I feel punchy.

Although, I present my mini-review of the new Disney flick. G-Force, starring Zach Galifianakis, Will Arnett, Tracy Morgan, Jon Favreau, Bill Nighy, Penelope Cruz, Nick Cage, Sam Rockwell and Steve Buscemi. Oddly, more than one of those names is going to star in the next Iron Man movie... coincidence?

Anyway, I loved the movie. Yeah it's meant for kids. Yeah Galifianakis is funnier in The Hangover. But get over it. Seriously, I'll say it again; it's like Goldeneye with pets. The special effects were good, but obviously not meant to fool anyone over the age of nine (though I've never seen a Suburban thrown through a camper before...). See it. Love it. It won't change your religion, but you'll be the loser at any kid's birthday party if you don't get it when they quote; "I hate it when my fly is down."

No comments: