Sometimes pretentious yet mostly brilliant. Mostly.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Fun Little Experiment

Hi (internet user # 43577)!

Do you suffer from bloating? Cramps? Diarrhea? Auto-erotic asphyxiation? Well it sounds like you have a case of the "Mondays!"

Have no fear, I'm here with a little post about a fun experiment I did to help understand my emotional state better. You have iTunes? You should do it too!

I reordered my iTunes library by play count (of course, my play counts were all reset sometime this year... around March? May? so these numbers are not reflective of my lifetime listens), and listed out my top 20 most listened songs. They are as follows (play count in parenthesis):

1. Strawberry Fields Forever-The Beatles (80)
2. Circle Gets a Square-No More Kings (69)
3. Something to Hide-No More Kings (61)
4. Sirens in the Deep Sea-Longwave (55)
5. Robots Don't Cry-No More Kings (52)
6. Forever-Chris Brown (51)
7. Michael (Jumpin)-No More Kings (50)
8. All These Things That I've Done-The Killers (45)
9. Cellphone-No More Kings (44)
10. Someday-No More Kings (44)
11. CrushCrushCrush-Paramore (44)
12. That Green Gentleman-Panic at the Disco (40)
13. Lottery-Chris Brown (39)
14. Lost!-Coldplay (37)
15. How Far We've Come-Matchbox Twenty (36)
16. Look After You-The Fray (34)
17. Fall on Every Whim-Longwave (34)
18. Girl in the Sea-No More Kings (34)
19. She's a Handsome Woman-Panic at the Disco (34)
20. Strawberry Swing-Coldplay (33)

Very interesting. Clearly I LOVE No More Kings, which is totally true. Chris Brown kinda snuck in there, and it's strange because I like Lottery way more than Forever.

Although not a surprise, and sort of a subjective observation, about half of the songs listed are sad songs, and only about 5 are love songs. Clearly I like songs with "Strawberry" in the title, though I thought Strawberry Swing would be more like #9.

What do you think my songs say about me and my disposition? Speak up! You should do the same. Psychoanalysis via song choices is fun!

Happy Monday, do try and survive the week.
-Steve

No comments: