Sometimes pretentious yet mostly brilliant. Mostly.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Some Poetry... BAM!

Happy Wednesday errrybody!

So while everyone continues throwing Photosnobbed images of Kanye interrupting imporant moments in history/movies/news, I thought I'd refresh everyone with one of my wacky Wednesday poems! (No it's not about Kanye... he's a douche)

Oh and before I forget, I did buy comics today, but my reviews will be a little later. I'm just not in the mood right now. But they were all very good picks this week.

"ale test”

People always said you and I have too much in common.
I should be inside you.

We love our rainy days and spending bookoo bucks on beans.
We dance along the coast and spit across the ocean.

Your cosmic hypodermic hits me soft, like a maritime breeze in the vein.
Spin the top and let insects munch their grub, I love it.

Let the fools and hypocrits shoot off shindigs South of us, they don’t matter.
They’ll say what they say, but they can’t break our bourgeois bond.

I twirl beneath your useless interstates and litter on your pristine pathways.
You depress me like a half bottle of Beefeater and not enough lime.

You lack the flare, the spice, the bang of the rest,
But the rest of the West and their pompous pretending can’t match your simple truth.

I’m sleepless,
In you now like so many other fakers and falsers, but you love me right?

Of course. I bring you strawberries and syrup for your fraps,
While you take and take the timidity of me.

And that’s what love in the city is all about.
People always said so.

That's all for now! Let me know what you think.

-Steve

No comments: