Sometimes pretentious yet mostly brilliant. Mostly.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Some Poetic Licensing

Hola y como estan?

On a very special Wednesday of no new comic books thanks to the labor day holiday, I've decided to throw up some personal works of mine. Starting with this:

Another poem for my Poetry Workshop, this one is due to be revised tomorrow. Let me know what you all think:

“Strawberry Mash”

We decided, the bros and I,
That we’d hit the bar for a time.
We started slow with a round of shots
And avoided vodka and olive brine.
(We’d had a bad night before, you see.)

Tell Me I’m Wrong, and
Shortly after a pitcher or three,
We screamed “happy birthday!”
Then came karaoke.
(We love our music, you know?)

I wouldn’t have blamed anyone
If they’d happened to Stop and Stare
As we rumbled about, but
At that point I’d have been soberest to care.
(I designated myself the light drinker)

Of course, by 3 AM, I’d toasted enough
That I stumbled too when we left the bar.
Too drunk in fact to know
Daylight savings had come, I was off by an hour.
(My phone doesn’t change automatically)

When we reached my apartment,
It was like We’re Here to Tell You (skip)
The party’s not over.
Still always beer to drink and shots to do.
(None of us inclined to say no)

Bottom of the Ocean.
(skip)

In This Town I never sleep,
At least not until the sun comes.
Everyone had left and
I vomited up all that fun.
(Strawberry cheesecake and fettucini)

Happy Wednesday!

-Steve

No comments: